Thursday, May 12

We're Expecting

I have a little announcement! Andrew and I are having a..












Bluetick!!!

We found a breeder that lives pretty close to us - the perks of living in the south - and we sent the deposit in yesterday! I can't wait! I've actually NEVER had a dog. Andrew however, has had 1,000,00.929 dogs over the years and he knows exactly what he's doing. I'm beyond excited, friends. Like over the moon excited!

We're going to have a little girl. I've been saying for years that I want a little girl and I'm going to name her Daisy Bear and she'll have a pink collar and a camo leash. 

Here is the Momma - her name is Jambalaya, which is like one of the best names ever and was total confirmation for us that she was supposed to be our puppy's momma. Gorgeous right? This is Andrew's preferred version of a blue.


This is KoJack! He's the papa. This is my preferred version of a blue. I love the darker gray/blue with the black and tan face and big saddle spots. 


I think between the two of them we'll have the perfect combination! I can promise you that you'll see tons of photos of the wee one as soon as we have her, which will be a while, she's still just a bun in the oven. Eeep! Is there anything happening in your life that you're way pumped on?

xo Shannon

8 comments:

Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* said...

Congrats! (I'm one of those people who prefer puppies to babies!) I have a beagle, so I can tell you that having a hound is a fun adventure! Remember how excited you are right now when she destroys something(s)! ;)

Amy T Schubert said...

My in-laws have a dog that is part blue-tick and she is just the sweetest - but weirdest - dog!
I've read SEVERAL places that "selective listening" is a trait of that breed ! hha! :)
good luck!

cb said...

YAY!! i at first was i was like yay baby, but a furry baby, SUPER YAY!! congrats sweetie! can't wait to "meet" him or her!

xo,
cb

Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* said...

Aw man, I wonder if Blogger erased my comment from yesterday! I said something along the lines of hounds being a fun handful (I have a beagle!) And to remember how excited you are right now the first time she destroys something. :)

shannon*bear said...

Leslie, You're right. There were a couple more comments after yours and they're gone also. Sad day! Thanks for re-posting yours. Your advice is sound! I keep saying things like, "I'm so excited for her to tear things up and pee everywhere!" Ha!

cb said...

YAY!! i at first was i was like yay baby, but a furry baby, SUPER YAY!! congrats sweetie! can't wait to "meet" him or her!

xo,
cb

Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* said...

Congrats! (I'm one of those people who prefer puppies to babies!) I have a beagle, so I can tell you that having a hound is a fun adventure! Remember how excited you are right now when she destroys something(s)! ;)

CAPow! said...

That's exciting news! We're expecting a pup too...only we're getting an English Bulldog! He's still in the oven as well, due in July! So excited for both of us!

Post a Comment

How lovely! I love to read your comments and I'll be sure to return the favor! I'm glad you're here! xo, S