Wednesday, May 11

Lamb Gyros and House Hunting

I smell rain in the air and fresh flowers wafting on the breeze. It's a gorgeous day in the mountains!

we took this!

Andrew and I went to look at a house last night with our friend Stacey. She's part of the duo we have a couple's crush on. It was such a precious little house but, it's SO far out! If you've ever been to Western North Carolina or possibly any mountainous area anywhere, chances are you'll encounter the phrase, "you've got to go up down there." You read that right. Up, down there. Because you go down the road and up the mountain. Well, to get to this house you have to go up down there, twice. Wah wah. So we had fun with the folks that own the house and enjoyed their sweet spirits and fun laughs but, we're not too sure about actually living there.

After our house adventure we went to a local Greek restaurant. Have I shared with you my love of gyros? I haven't? Oh, well I LOVE lamb gyros. There is an art festival every year on our Main Street and there is a vendor there every year with the most amazing gyros. Last night Andrew suggested Apollo Flame and I proceed to literally wolf down my lamb gyro. Delicious.


What have you been enjoying lately? Food and good company are at the top of my list right now!
xo Shannon


3 comments:

Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* said...

Who knew that North Carolinians could cook such delicious looking Greek food! ;)

cb said...

yes rain is in the air, i am feel it too!
hmmm lamb gyros...so good..well lamb anything is good! really the only red meat we eat around here.

xo,
cb

Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* said...

Who knew that North Carolinians could cook such delicious looking Greek food! ;)

Post a Comment

How lovely! I love to read your comments and I'll be sure to return the favor! I'm glad you're here! xo, S