Monday, June 4

Playlists

I think music is one of my favorite expressions of self. It's one of those things that can take you to a different place, take emotions away, or even create emotions that you need to feel.

The type of music you listen to reflects a lot of you. I'm always really interested to see what kind of music my friends listen to. It gives me a little bit of an insight to their hearts, it's pretty cool.

I finally broke down and downloaded spotify from facebook. If you don't know this about me yet, I kick and scream into new technology. I can't help it. I'm a mule, sue me.

Now that I know the ropes it's a lot of fun to play around with and make playlists. I even showed my Dad how to do it - score! One of my favorite things to do is see what everyone else is listening to. I found one blogger who I really admire and enjoy on spotify. So naturally I checked out his playlists. From Freelance Whales to Bon Iver to Iron & Wine to Radical Free to Edward Sharpe to.... I'm pretty sure we could be best friends. I think he'd love Andrew's beard and the coffee I make and we would go out and take photos together and listen to great music and drink Gentleman Jack.

Sometimes it's neat that the interwebs bring the world from one huge existence to a pin head.

xo Shannon

2 comments:

Sara said...

I really do love how the internet brings people together. Sometimes it can also seem distancing, but at other times I feel like it connects me to similar souls like nothing else can.

The Clothes Maiden said...

yeah i love iron and wine! :)

www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

How lovely! I love to read your comments and I'll be sure to return the favor! I'm glad you're here! xo, S