Monday, May 9

Saturday Game Night!

We went to my parent's house for a while on Saturday to have supper, conversation, coffee and GAME NIGHT! Except game night was kind of a surprise. My mom is making an "estrogen estuary" (Andrew came up with that one, he was really proud of himself for the alliteration, he's like my literary dream boat). I'm calling it her sitting room (remember my love for British lingo) but it's being made out of my brother's old room. His room is where our games lived.

When they were cleaning out we saw Battleship and Guess Who. Two of my favorite childhood games! Andrew and I jumped right into Battleship.

This is my board, just sayin'.

He's concentrating 

I'm sinking his boats

Right before I kicked his butt

VICTORY! 

I mean, I won. It was a lot of fun. I didn't get any photos of the Guess Who boards but let's just say it's the one from the 90's and some of the board pieces were missing and we only had a handful of the cards! It was hilarious trying to play like that.

We took my mom out for Mother's Day to one of her favorite restaurants and it was a lot of fun. I love days like that when you go out for a special reason and it feels special all day long. It's a feeling that lingers and makes magic. On the way home Andrew, picked me some daisies! He made me a daisy flower bed beside our house and we planted some seeds but.... they won't grow until next year. So whoever is in our house next year can love them, but we planted these yesterday. They look so great! I want to throw a blanket down beside the daisy bed and read or art journal all day!


How was your weekend? 
xo Shannon

2 comments:

cb said...

i LOVE game night! and guess who!?! what a great game..forgot all about that one! glad you won at battle ship ;D

xo,
cb

cb said...

i LOVE game night! and guess who!?! what a great game..forgot all about that one! glad you won at battle ship ;D

xo,
cb

Post a Comment

How lovely! I love to read your comments and I'll be sure to return the favor! I'm glad you're here! xo, S